REC is a Navratna Central Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power. It is a leading infrastructure finance company with a net worth of over ₹ 37,000 crore. Our business activities involve financing projects in the complete power sector value chain, be it generation, transmission or distribution. We provide financial assistance to state electricity boards, state governments, central/state power utilities, independent power producers, rural electric cooperatives and private sector utilities through our extensive network of 22 offices across the country.
The different types of projects funded by REC are as under:
· Loan for Generation Projects
- Setting up new power generating stations based on conventional sources of energy, i.e. Thermal, Hydro and Gas, along with associated areas like development of coal mines
- Renovation and Modernization (R&M) of existing power generating stations based on conventional sources of energy
- Setting up of power generation plants based on Renewable Energy sources like Solar, Wind, Small Hydro, Biomass etc.
· Loan for Transmission Projects
- Evacuation of power from new power generating stations and strengthening/ improvement of existing transmission system in the designated areas
· Loan for Distribution Projects
- Strengthening and improvement of the power sub-transmission and distribution system in the designated areas
- Conversion of Low Voltage Distribution System (LVDS) to High Voltage Distribution System (HVDS) in rural areas
- Purchase of equipment and materials for strengthening/ upgradation of T&D systems
- Intensive load development for providing connections to rural consumers in already electrified villages
- Setting up of electrical infrastructure for energization of agricultural pump sets
· Short Term Loans / Medium Term Loans
- Working capital requirements for purposes like purchase of fuel for power plant, purchase of power, purchase of material and minor equipment, system and network maintenance including repair of transformers, etc.