Subsidiaries & JVs
REC Power Development and Consultancy Limited (formerly REC Power Distribution Company Limited) (RECPDCL), an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007 certified company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of REC Limited (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) and received certificate of commencement of business on July 31st, 2007.
RECPDCL is rendering expert and value added consultancy services to power utilities across the country i.e., in 41 Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) and 4 Co-operative societies in 27 States across India with a project cost more than ₹ 85,000 Crore.
RECPDCL is providing Consultancy and Fee based services to the Power Utilities in the areas of rural & urban electrification under the following heads:
- AT & C Loss reduction
- Smart Grid Projects implementation covering Smart Metering & SCADA
- Real Time Data Acquisition System (RT-DAS) for feeders
- Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging
- GIS Implementation
- IT implementation under IPDS including setting up of Data Centre, Customer Care Centre, etc.
- Solar PV Plants
- DPR preparation & Project Management Consultancy for Power Distribution projects
- Power Distribution Strengthening works
- Energy Efficiency projects and Quality & Quantitative Surveillance/ Inspections of the works executed.
- Monitoring of Electrification of 18,452 Un-Electrified Villages through "GARV" App which has received appreciation from our Hon'ble Prime Minister and accolades Internationally.
- Procurement & Supply of Materials in North Eastern States under DDUGJY SAUBHAGYA scheme.
- Rooftop Grid Connected Solar Plant Setup in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Universal Electrification Programme through Off-Grid Installation in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura & Chhattisgarh.
- Smart Grid Project Implementation in Chandigarh, covering 30,000 Smart Meters & SCADA under National Smart Grid Mission.
- Smart Metering Implementation in Jammu & Kashmir covering 2 Lac consumers.
- IT Implementation in Goa Under R-APDRP Part-A and Go-Live of the project within deadline.
- Power Management Services including Load Demand Forecast in the state of Haryana.
- Implementation of Power Distribution Projects in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Monitoring of AT & C Losses & Energy Audit for feeders for UPPCL.
- Asset Verification for DISCOMS in NCT of Delhi.
- Pan India Presence—working with 41 DISCOMS 4 co-operative societies (In A.P) and in 27 states across India.
- Expertise in capturing reliable primary data and In-house analysis.
- Creating awareness.
- Completion of task within stipulated timeframe.
- Demographic Dividend: 90% of workforce is in the age-group of 25-30 yrs.
- Use of technology to bring all stake holders in same platform while being a perfect example of implementing e-governance.
- Confidence Builder: Successful implementation of electrification of household through Solar Standalone solution in Tripura & Arunachal Pradesh.
- Handling queries of citizens and other stake holders in social media platforms successfully.
- Empaneled with EXIM Bank as a consultant in Transmission & Distribution Sector.
- As per Exim Bank Guidelines- “Goods & Services (including consultancy services) for minimum 75% value of the contracts covered under these loans must be sourced from India.
- Exploring opportunities in Asian & African Nations for EPC and Project Consultancy works.
- Received certificate from Rashtrapati Bhawan for project completion of Solar PV Plant at its premises.
- Received the ‘Editor Choice Award’ by Indian Express for ‘Best Mobile App’ for GARV – Grameen Vidyutikaran App in Indian Express Awards 2016.
- Conferred with the ‘SKOCH Technologies for Growth Awards 2016’ for the UE Mission Project.
- Conferred with the ‘SKOCH Technologies for Growth Awards 2016’ for Swachh Vidyalaya, Swachh Bharat & UE Mission Project