Corporate Social Responsibility Our CSR Initiatives
India is one of the youngest nations in the world and in today’s times of globalization and technological volatility, skill building is one of the important instruments for increasing the efficacy and quality of labour for improved productivity, self-dependency, confidence and economic growth of self as well as the family. Skill development is also a focus area of the government policy.
Skill development is a focus area for REC, in line with the national development objectives and has executed several programmes to promote the same.
- Job oriented skill development training programmes have been run benefitting approximately 18,500 youngsters and women from economically weaker sections of the society across the states of Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand and Rajasthan.
- 12,000 youngsters have already completed their training.
- More than 8,000 beneficiaries have been placed and are working. Skilled labour in the country is the driving force behind the economic growth and development of the country. It is an important contributor to the national productivity and REC endeavours to take up more skill building projects in the future.
Impact of the programmes:
- Sustainable improvement in the quality of livelihood skills of the youth with relevant skill sets
- Improved economic status of the beneficiaries contributing to poverty alleviation
- Improved standard of living and household income
- Improved self-esteem and confidence to pursue own occupation, better employment opportunities and higher education
- Positive attitudinal change amongst the young people and communities, leading to social transformation
- Supporting industries in fulfilling the need of trained manpower