Corporate Social Responsibility Our CSR Initiatives
Safe Drinking Water
In India a huge number of people don’t have access to safe drinking water due to which they have to suffer from water borne diseases and other communicable diseases. REC has been conscious of the pushing need for contributing to improved access to safe drinking water to the deprived population and has taken up several initiatives in this direction.
- Safe drinking water facility has been brought to 18 villages in Telangana, Rajasthan and Punjab by setting up RO water plants in identified communities of rural population having contaminated and brackish water.
- Water ATM machines have been installed and community water plants have been set up at 10 different bus stations in Uttar Pradesh.
- 450 bore well hand pumps have been installed in villages of Uttar Pradesh to provide safe drinking water.
Impact of the programmes
- Access to clean and safe drinking water to the people suffering from non-availability of potable water.
- Reduction in the risk of water borne diseases and number of medical cases of skin diseases, common cold, diarrhea, stomach problems etc., and reducing the risk of water borne diseases.
- Transforming the lives of people and self help groups by providing them the opportunity to run and operate water ATM machines, thereby generating employment opportunities.
- Changes in lifestyle of people by way of their increased participation in social and economic activities due to the time saved.