Corporate Social Responsibility Our CSR Initiatives
Education is elemental for achieving full human potential, developing an equitable and just society, and promoting national development. Providing universal access to quality education is the key to India’s continued ascent, and leadership on the global stage in terms of economic growth, social justice and equality. India has the highest population of young people in the world will continue over the next decade, and our ability to provide high-quality educational opportunities to them will determine the future of our country. The global education development agenda reflected in the Goal 4 (SDG 4) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by India in 2015 - seeks to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all” by 2030. NITI Aayog highlighted education sector as key sector contributing to development and highlighted need for focused interventions in the aspirational districts.
REC has taken up several initiatives to augment the learning outcomes, strengthening infrastructural and the institutional indicators in the country. Emphasis was given to Aspirational districts, particularly in REC identified aspirational districts, and to Government schools.
- Augmented learning outcomes through
- Training teachers and facilitating their exposure visits
- Contributing to provide mid-day meal, fortified milk to children
- Strengthened infrastructure
- Renovated class rooms
- Added libraries
- Constructed compound walls and gates
- Piloted virtual classrooms
- Provided smart class rooms
- Provided furniture
- Providing potable drinking water
- Built hostels for students & teachers
- Establishing Science laboratories
- Improved institutional indicators
- Setting up of learning centers which are reaching out to children’s belonging to age group of 6-14 years
- Converting Anganwadi’s into Pre-schools and increasing parent’s participation in children’s education
- Provided school fees, uniforms, bags, braille slates and taylor frames have been funded for visually impaired students studying in various schools with the goals of enabling them to lead lives of dignity and improve the quality of education for them
Impact of the programs:
- Increased attendance of children
- Improvement in reading habits and learning outcomes among children.
- Increased female literacy
- Improved capacity of school teachers
- Better infrastructure for schools that attracts children and helps school in retaining them
- Government school children feel on par to private schools.