Subsidiaries & JVs
REC Power Distribution Company Ltd (an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 certified), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC). It has rendered its expert and value added consultancy services to its valued clients in power sector located across the country i.e. in 31 DISCOMS and 4 Co-operative societies in 27 States across the country having project cost more than Rs.50,000 crore. The company is in the process of joining the main league and is set to become a major force in bringing about a transparent power distribution system for rural India .Over the years, REC has been regarded as a distinguished service provider in the power distribution sector. In its first financial year, the company managed to earn laurels for its parent company, REC earned the reputation as a promising unit in the power distribution sector:
- “Excellent Rating” from DPE for consecutive 4 years
- Poised to achieve “Excellent Rating” for 5th consecutive year (FY2016-17).
- National e-Governance Award 2016 Gold in Innovative use of ICT by Central Government PSUs category: for innovating the way, RE works are undertaken.
RECPDCL plays a significant role in brightening lives and spreading happiness by rendering expert consultancy services in power sector to strengthen and augment the power distribution network in India. It has achieved a sustained growth in the distribution business within a short span. RECPDCL are best in class and have following track-record of credentials:
- RECPDCL has excelled in IT Implementation Works under R-APDRP Part-A for Goa Electricity Department (GED) and has set a benchmark of roll-out of Pilot town within a shortest record period of one year.
- RECPDCL have rich experience in Project Management Consultancy services in IPDS, DDUGJY and other departmental schemes, Presently RECPDCL is rendering its PMC services in 22 DISCOMS along with 4 Cooperative Societies with total project cost of more than Rs.33,000 Crore.
- RECPDCL has prepared DPR under various Govt. of India Schemes as per the issued guidelines and requirement of the utility by carrying out GPS based survey along with the Photographs of each Village/Habitations of about 3,00,000 habitations across India.
- RECPDCL has also made its footprint in renewable sector. The Company has installed 16 roof-top Solar Plants in Odisha and 5 Solar Plant at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- MNRE has appointed RECPDCL as expert PSU for PMC assignment of Rooftop Solar Power Projects of Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEF&CC) spread across the country in 22 States & 3 UTs.
- RECPDCL is monitoring day to day progress with RE mobile application (GARV App), control room-setup, call center and quality surveillance checks on mission mode to electrify all 18,452 Un-Electrified (UE) villages as per target set by Ministry of Power.
- RECPDCL is executing SMART GRID pilot project of Chandigarh Electricity Department. The project comprises of set up of IT infrastructure for Data Centre, AMI Infrastructure, DTMU’s and SCADA system in short period of 1 year.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan - Grid Connected Solar Plant of 508kWp.
- Monitoring of Electrification of 18,452 Un-Electrified Villages through ‘GARV’ App.
- Project Management Consultancy for Projects having value more than INR 50,000 Crore
- Smart Grid Project implementation in Chandigarh under National Smart Grid Mission.
- IT Implementation in Goa under R-APDRP Part-A and Go-Live of the project in record time.
- Power Management Services in Haryana for Load forecasting.
- IA for Bureau of Energy Efficiency’s Partial Risk Guarantee Fund for Energy Efficiency.
- Pan India Presence—working with 39 DISCOMS 4 co-operative societies (IN A.P) and in 27 states across India.
- Expertise in capturing reliable primary data and In-house analysis
- Creating awareness
- Completion of task within stipulated timeframe
- Demographic Dividend: 90% of workforce is in the age-group of 22-24 yrs
- Use of technology to bring all stake holders in same platform while being a perfect example of implementing e-governance
- Confidence Builder: Successful implementation of ongoing UE project leading towards target of 100% household electrification
- Handling queries of citizens and other stake holders in social media platforms successfully
EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES OVERSEAS
- Empanelled with EXIM Bank as a consultant in Transmission & Distribution Sector
- As per Exim Bank Guidelines- “ Goods & Services(including consultancy services) for minimum 75% value of the contracts covered under these loans must be sourced from India
- Exploring opportunities in Asian & African Nations for EPC and Project Consultancy works